Let’s cut to the chase: you’re wondering “is Mint Mobile good?” And with so many pay-as-your-go mobile carriers, we understand your need to know. It can be difficult to wade through MVNO websites to compare value and quality. Often it can seem that you won’t have the answers you need until you switch, but we defy that notion.
If you’re wondering if Mint Mobile is good when it comes to customer service, network coverage, price, and phone selection, here are the answers you need.
Is Mint Mobile good enough to pay for?
Yes. Why? Mint Mobile
- Runs off the T-Mobile network, which has excellent nationwide coverage.
- Users stick with Mint Mobile service year after year.
- Monthly prices are low.
- Data plans let you pay for what you need.
What is Mint Mobile?
To begin, Mint Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator or MVNO, or a cellular carrier that runs off a bigger company’s network.
To clarify, they offer pre-paid Mint prepaid SIM cards that allow you to insert into an unlocked phone. Then you can enjoy unlimited talk and text. You do purchase data in 3, 8, or 12 GB increments for a minimum of three months.
Finally, you can also use your Mint Mobile phone for wifi calling and add more data if needed.
Mint Mobile reviews: what users say
When it comes to if Mint Mobile is worth switching to, leave it to user reviews on Mint Mobile for fair and honest feedback. After reading and sorting through Mint cellular reviews, here are the most common raves and Mint Mobile complaints:
Mint Mobile pros according to user reviews
- Great prices/can’t beat the price/ saved a ton of money
- No hidden fees
- Wifi calling is a wonderful perk
- Reliable phone service
- Videos are helpful for setup/porting
- 7 days to try Mint Mobile made switching an easier decision
- Easy to use account interface
Mint Mobile complaints according to user reviews
- Pre-paid SIMs will deactivate after 45 days if not registered
- Mint Mobile customer service could be better
- Data gets used quicker than expected
- Setup took more time than expected
- Couldn’t use existing phone
- Data de-prioritization
What network does Mint Mobile Use?
Mint Mobile runs off the T-Mobile network. As an MVNO, Mint Mobile leases service from T-Mobile. Of course, we’re sure you’ve heard of T-Mobile. They’re often ranked number one, two, or three in best coverage in the United States. As of right now, they’re number two in the country. Luckily, T-Mobile constantly adds towers and improves their infrastructure to provide better reception in rural areas.
Before making the switch to Mint Mobile, you’ll want to check their coverage map.
Mint Mobile’s coverage map is identical to T-Mobile’s. Does this mean that Mint SIM coverage will be the same as T-Mobile’s? Not exactly. Because Mint Mobile phone service is an MVNO, you may experience a slower response and delayed sending and /receiving of MMS texts from time to time. Fortunately, this really only affects Mint SIM MNVO users in highly congested areas (like stadiums).
FAQs when deciding if Mint Mobile is good
Q: Which is better: Mint SIM vs. T-Mobile?
A: If you want to save money and use a reliable network, Mint Mobile is the way to go.
Q: Is Mint Mobile GSM or CDMA?
A: Mint Mobile is a GSM carrier, not a CDMA carrier. This means you can use almost any unlocked GSM phone on their network.
Q: Where can you find a Mint Mobile store?
- There are none. Why? By not paying rent, staff, and bills for a brick-and-mortar, Mint Mobile can pass the savings onto their customers. Mint Mobile customer service is available via phone or email to help you, though.
Q: Are are my options for Mint Mobile plans?
|Mint Mobile Plans||3 GB of Data||8 GB of Data||12 GB of Data|
|Introductory Rate for the First 3 Months||$15/mo||$20/mo||$25/mo|
Q: What Mint phones can I choose from?
- Mint wireless offers a wide range of phones including Apple iPhones, Samsung phones, LG, ZTE, Motorola, Google, and more. They also have a bring-your-own-phone program that works with GSM phones.
Q: How much does a Mint SIM card cost?
- If you purchase the Mint Mobile starter kit, it’s $5. If you purchase a Mint Mobile plan, a Mint SIM is free.
Is Mint Mobile good or bad?
To conclude, is Mint Mobile good mobile service and value? Yes. If you’re looking for a nationwide, trusted mobile network and you want to save money, Mint Mobile is a safe choice.